Put the verbs in brackets into the Past Simple, the Past Continuous or the Past Perfect.
1) In 1965 my parents __________ (move) into what __________ (be) a storage space before. This was their first home.
2) I was very nervous because I __________ (not give) a speech to a big audience before.
3) I’m sorry I couldn’t talk when you called yesterday. I __________ (have) a big argument with my sister.
4) For the first time we were not late. The performance __________ (begin) when we arrived at the opera house.
5) Tom decided to break up with Lucy because she __________ (let) him down many times.
6) We didn’t have much time to talk. He came in just as I __________ (leave).
7) I __________ (not know) anything about Greek cuisine until I went to Athens last year.