Choose the correct word or phrase to complete the sentences:
6. The teacher … to send the student to the headmaster’s office if he didn’t stop talking.
a) threatened b) ordered c) commanded
7. He … to me of having an upset stomach.
a) asked b) ordered c) complained
8. He … to give his friend a lift to the train station.
a) invited b) offered c) admitted
9. The thief … to breaking into the art gallery and stealing the paintings.
a) admitted b) offered c) invited
10. My brother … me if I could help him with his Science project.
a) invited b) asked c) complained