1. What was Tom doing when you saw him?
2. I was speaking on the phone when my friend came.
3. Ted was watching TV all evening instead of preparing for the exam.
4. When we left the office it was raining.
5. I was waiting for you for an hour yesterday.
6. Jack wrote that he was looking for another job.
7. I did not understand why the teacher was looking at me.
8. After the party Nelly was washing up very long.
9. Nick was late for dinner. When he came all the family was sitting at the table.
10. I was cutting slices of bread when I heard a telephone ring.
11. When I was pouring coffee into the cups I burnt my finger.
12. My sister was listening to the weather forecast at 8 a.m. yesterday.
13. When I was returning to my room, I remembered my promise.
14. Fred hurt his leg when he was working in the garden.
15. When my friend was at the seaside he was swimming all the days.
16. A cat crossed his way when he was going home.
Советую посмотреть на запятые в задании. Если они были в исходном предложении, то поставь их на то же место и в моих ответах.