Complete the sentences with (not) be used to, (not) get used to or used to/didn't use to.
1. When I started living in the forest I gradually got used to the complete silence at night and birds singing at dawn.
2. My granny … make up fairy tales for me when I was a little girl.
3. Be careful! The dog … being touched by strangers.
4. Farmers in this area … buy chemical fertilisers until the 1970s.
5. Don't worry! You will slowly … our working hours and even if you … getting up so early, you'll soon find finishing work early a great advantage.
6. Travelling … be much slower and less comfortable in the old days.
7. We have never been to Africa before and I … the hot and humid climate at all.
8. When you start a new job, it can take some time to … the different routine.
Match the verbs with the verb patterns given.
agree, admit, avoid, consider, finish, decide, enjoy, imagine, manage, offer, not mind, plan, promise, put off, refuse, want, would like
to do something