Выберите правильный вариант из предложенных и впишите его.1. She congratulated me warmly _____ my exam results.
a) for b) on c) with
2. She suddenly burst _____ tears.
a) with b) to c) into
3. He was listening to music _____ he was driving home from work.
a) till b) since c) while
4 My father was in hospital _____ six weeks.
a) since b) for c) in
5. I dialed the wrong number _____ mistake.
a) by b) on c) at
6. Don’t put the blame _____ me! It was Carol who broke the window.
a) on b) for c) at
7. I don’t want to put up _____ that noise any longer.
a) about b) at c) with
8. _____ my view there’s little difference between these two things.
a) at b) in c) for
9 He has been unemployed _____ 1998.
a) since b) from c) till
10. They are expected to arrive _____ London tomorrow morning.
a) at b) in c) to
11. The company has invested a lot of money in _____ computer equipment.
a) last b) the last c) the latest
12. I feel _____ about forgetting her birthday.
a) so badly b) so bad c) such bad
13. The new consultant is not _____ we thought.
a) so experienced as b) as experienced than c) as experienced like
14 Linda felt _____ before the English exam.
a) so nervously b) such nervous c) so nervous
15. It was very _____ for him not to get the job.
a) disappointing b) disappointfully c) disappointed
16. _____ they’d left the children at home with Susan.
a) As usual b) Usually c) As used
17. I’d love to have hair like _____.
a) your b) yours c) your’s
18. She spent all her life in doing good to _____.
a) others b) the others c) the other
19. He said he had _____ intention to offend me.
a) no b) none c) neither
20. Unfortunately _____ could be done in that situation.
a) little b) few c) a little
21. No wonder she’s so thin, she hardly eats.
a) something b) anything c) any
22. Don’t hurry. We have _____ time left before we have to leave.
a) little b) a little c) a few
23. The screwdriver won’t do. Is there_____ tool you can use?
a) some other b) any other c) some else
24. London’s population reached its peak of _____ people in 1939.
a) 8 millions b) 8 million of c) 8 million
25. Trees were planted along the street _____ to reduce traffic noise.
a) so as b) for c) because
26. I had forgotten my passport and _____ I couldn’t cross the border.
a) because of b) therefore c) so that