1. Would you mind showing me how the lift works?
2.2. After walking for three hours and a half we stopped to let the others catch up with us.
3. I am beginning to understand what you mean.
4. The horse won't be well enough to run in tomorrow's race. He doesn't seem to have recovered from his long journey.
5. At first I enjoyed listening to this woman but after a while I got tired of hearing the same story again and again.
6. It is usually easier to learn a subject by reading books than by listening to lectures.
7. It wouldn't be safe to start down now; you'll have to wait till the mist clears.