1. Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в нужной форме (Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect, Past Perfect Continuous)
1) By the time police (to arrive), the man (to leave).
2) When F.D. Roosevelt (to take) office in 1933 banks in many parts of the country (to fail).
3) Ann (to have) fun at the party at the moment. She (to want) to have a dance.
4) In the 30 years before the revolution the Russian economy (to grow) at between 5-6% per annum.
5) While other countries (to progress), Britain (to move) backwards.
6) What you (to eat)? – It`s a piece of cherry pie that mom (to make) yesterday.
7) I persistently (to ring) you up from 4 o`clock till 5 o`clock but your number was engaged.