a) 1. England became a great country at the beginning of the 11th century.
2. He came to England in 1066. He became the King of England.
3. William the Conqueror built the White Tower. It is famous now, many people visit it every year.
4. The Great Fire of London was in 1666.
5. Yes, the people of London built a new city after the fire.
b) 1. Christopher Columbus discovered America.
2. The name of the ship that sailed from England to America was "Mayflower".
3. Yes, there were women on board the "Mayflower"?
4. George Washington was the first president or the United States of America.
5. There are 50 states in the USA.
6. Washington is the capital of the USA.