1. Ukraine covers an area of 603,700 sq. km (about 230,000 sq. miles)
2. Its territory stretches for more than 1300 km and from north to south for almost 900 km.
3.Our country borders on Russia, Belorus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova.
4. Ukraine is washed by the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
5. The two mountainous areas are the Carpathians and the Crimean Mountains.
6. The main rivers of Ukraine are Danube, Dnieper, and the Dniester.
7. The climate is temperately continental, being subtropical only on the southern coast of the Crimea.
8. The flora of Ukraine is rich with nearly 30 thousand types of vegetation — from seaweed to mushrooms, from grass to trees. The forests take up 14% of the whole territory of Ukraine and the stocks of wood are plentiful.
9. Fauna of Ukraine is very rich. Due to the large territory and its natural diversity there are about 45 thousand species of animals in Ukraine.
10. The population of Ukraine is about 45.8 million.