1.What is good table manners?
Table manners are the rules of etiquette used while eating:
- Sit up straight, no slouching, no elbows on the table
- Place serviette on lap when seated, it is good
etiquette and useful too.
- Wait for everybody to be seated before starting to
- Don't stretch across the table, ask someone to pass
what you need.
- Say please and thank you - not only at the dinner
table, it is generally considered to be good manners.
- Don't talk when you have food in your mouth and don't stuff your
mouth too full.
- Cut your food to mouth size pieces, don't just stab
the sausage and take bites from the fork.
- Chew with your mouth closed always; not only at the
dinner table and don't smack your lips noisily.
- If the food is too hot, don't blow on it. Wait for it
to cool or eat from the edges where its cooler.