Задание 1. Вставьте подходящий по смыслу модальный глагол: can, could, must, have to, has to, had to.
1. Mike ____________ run very fast.
2. Jane _________ not play the guitar two years ago but now she can.
3. I sat up very late yesterday because I ________ do a lot of homework.
4. Do you ____________ make the report today?
5. It’s a very interesting film. You ________ see it.
6. My sister works in a hospital. She ________ wear a uniform.
7. James is very tired because he works so much. I think he ___________ have a holiday.
Задание 2. Составьте вопросительные и отрицательные предложения из данных слов.
1. computer / I / your / can / use ?
2. some / could / borrow / you / money / me?
3. we /early / have / get / why / up / to / so / do?
4. she / did / go / to / to / have / why / hospital?
5. not / could / Jane / to / the / come / party.
6. me / need / you / for / not / wait. Задание
3. Закончите вопросы по аналогии.
1. I have to get up early tomorrow. – What time do you have to get up?
2. Liz had to leave immediately. – Why _________________________?
3. George has to learn a foreign language. – What language ___________?
4. I can play two musical instruments. – What instruments ___________?
5. They couldn’t finish the work on time. – Why _____________?
Задание 4. Замените в предложениях that на who или which.
1. The girl that lives next door is very pretty.
2. The dress that Ann was wearing at the party costs a fortune!
3. The people that accompanied me during the journey were very helpful.
4. The apples that you bought yesterday are delicious.