1. Письменно переведите текст.
1. Bristol is the eight largest city and seaport on the west coast of England with a population of 395,000. It has a total of just under 160.000 homes, of which 40.000 or 25 per cent are still owned by the council. The rivers Avon and form run there.
2. The harbor was constructed during the early part of the 19th century. There are many deep-water docks in Bristol.
3. Important public buildings are the exchange, Cols ton Hall, the museum and art gallery. Bristol possesses the oldest public library in the British Isles, dating from the 15th century. Bristol is noted for its university. It also has soap works, tanneries, tobacco factories, chocolate factories, shoe factories, copper, lead, iron and chemical works, and shipbuilding yards.
4. The city is confronted by buge problems of housing shortage and of disrepair in both the council and the private stock. Government cannot tackle these problems effectively and the situation is rapidly deteriorating. The council's housing waiting list has doubled in the last three years and now stands at a total of 13.500 families. This is acknowledged to be only tip of an iceberg.
5. Demand for republic rented accommodation is rising rapidly as the number of household's increases and as home ownership is priced out of the reach of more and more people. House prices in Bristol are soaring. The average price is now 49.000, while former council houses are selling for over 40,000 is some parts of the city.
2. Выпишите предложения со словами, оформленными окончаниями - s, переведите их на русский язык и определите какой частью речи они являются.
3. Выпишите предложения с глаголом to be в Present Indefinite и напишите их в вопросительных и отрицательных формах.
4. Выпишите предложения с глаголом to have в Present Indefinite и напишите их в вопросительных и отрицательных формах.
5. Выпишите конструкции с предлогом of и переведите их на русский язык.
6. Выпишите из текста предложения, в которых употребляются местоимения и указать их