Choose the correct verb.
9. Neither of the cars (is/are] equipped with antilock brakes.
10. The flock of geese (was/were] startled by the shotgun blast.
11. The data on my computer (was/were] completely erased when the power failed.
12. Mathematics and history (is/are] my favorite subjects.
13. None of the roast (was/were] eaten.
14. All of the games (was/were] played on real grass fields.
15. Pride and Prejudice (is/are] my favorite Jane Austen novel.
16. Neither of the twins (is/are] allergic to penicillin.
17. Much of what I hear in those lectures (goes/go] in one ear and out the other.
18. Amy, along with Jamie and Jen, (is/are] applying to Mount Holyoke.
19. None of the books (was/were] considered fit for public consumption.
20. All of the eggplant (was/were] used to make the sauce.
21. Amid the lilies and wildflowers (was/were] one solitary rose.
22. Either Ben or his brothers (is/are] in charge of bringing the drinks.
23. There (is/are] hardly even a speck of dirt left on the carpet.
24. "Stop rightthere!" (shouts/shout] the Bailey brothers, who are standingin frontof me.
25. Either the Donovans or Dave (is/are] going to bring the plates.
26. There (is/are] at least a hundred people here