1 а) Match the words.
to read sport
to send a newspaper
to decorate Christmas tree
to shake postcards
to do hands
b) Complete the sentences with the word combinations.
1. When the friends meet they,thay __________ __________.
2. When will you _________ _________? - On Christmas Eve.We bought new colourful balls yestarday.
3. Do you __________ _________? - Yes.i like running and riding my bike.
4. In Deceber people _________ _________ to their friends to congratulate with New Year and Christmas.
2. Complete the sentences.Circle the right letter.
1 His collection consists ... coins from different counteres.
a) from b) of c) in
2 There is a large skating rink ... the centre of the park every winter.
a) win b) at c)to
3 ... the 25th of December the British people celebrate Christmas.
a) In b) At c) On
4What holiday do thay have .... October?- Hallowen.
a) in b) at c) on
5 After Oxford the friends left... London,didn`t thay?
a) to b) for c) in
6) The old man came into the room,took ... his coat and sat in the armshair.
a) off b) down c) out
3 Complete the sentences.Fill in:an,is,are.
1 Where is Ann?- In the living room.She____ arranging flowers in the vase.
2 Why___ William crying?- He can`t find his ball.
3 What _____ you doing?-Sh-sh!It`s a surpruse.
4 The children ____ decorating the room for the Ney Year party .Will you help them?
5 Who____ singing?-My sister.
4 Make up sentences.
1. the/doing/now/What/are/students/? - __________________
2. Kerry/cake/Christmas/making/is/. - ___________________
3 now/not/doing/They/are/homework/their/. - _________________
4 it/Is/snowing/now/? - ______________
5 he/Why/reading/is/book/that/? - _________________
5. Copmlete the dialodgue.Use the Present Simple and the Present Contunuous.
Betty: Oh,what a funny photo!When diid take it?
Ben:Last year,at my shool`s new Year Eve party.
Betty: Who is playing the guitar? (play)
Ben: Duncan.He often _________ the guitar at the parties.(play) He can play the guitar very well.
Betty: What ________ the girls __________? (do)
Ben:They________ an old English snig.(sing) The girls perform on our Shool
Theatre.Look! Jim and Ann _______ (dance) They are good dancers.
They________ in our Shool Dancing Club.(dance)
Betty: I see.And what do you after classes?
Ben: I like taking photos.Do you like my photo?