Past Perfect Tense
Complete the sentence with one verb from the
following list: stop, expect, work,
finish, write, see, do, build, know, be, receive. Be careful with
3. The workers
_________ painting the floor when I arrived.
6. They _________
a letter by the time their son was born.
7. He told them
he _________ at a plan before the army.
8. She _________
the letter by 5 o’clock and the manager was angry.
Future Perfect Tense
the sentence with one verb from the following list: translate, come, finish, see, cook, save, leave, lose, do, be married.
Be careful with negatives.
1. I ________ reading this book by tomorrow evening.
2. By next winter we _________ the necessary sum of
3. I _________ the article an hour before you come.
4. On March 7 they _________ for twenty-five years.
5. If I continue keeping to a diet I _________ 10 kilos
by the end of the month.
6. The train _________ before we reach the station.
7. I hope you __________ home from school by 2 o’clock.
8. The mother __________ dinner by the time you come.
9. The pupils have too many exercises. They _________ them by the time te teacher
10. Come to my place at 8 o’clock I _________ this film by
these sentence with …ing forms. Use
the following verbs: come help, do,
swim, wait, ring up, waste, lend, buy, complain, be, write.
1. She doesn’t like _________ money to friends.
2. Would you mind come helping me to carry this heavy
3. I’m really looking forward to __________ back.
4. We went swiming yesterday because it was such a nice
5. It’s not worth _________ Jane after ten o’clock. She
has already fallen asleep.
6. I haven’t finished writing my composition.
7. I hate __________ for trams, I don’t like ___________
8. Instead of ___________ , what about __________
something useful about it!
9. I can’t insist on __________ this book. It’s a bit too
10. He apologized for ___________ late.
Complete the sentences with one verb from the
following list: dance, learn, watch, do,
ski, wash up, cook, speak, make, discuss, lay, clean, work.
1.What _______ you _________ at 5 o’clock? – I _________
2.At that moment my teacher __________ over the telephone.
3.The mother asked her children not to make so much
noise as the father _________ in the study.
4.Yesterday we _________ in the forest the whole day.
5.When I came to the party all the guests ___________ .
6.What __________ you _________ at the meeting
7.While Jane __________ , Ann _________ sandwiches.
8.I __________ English grammar all day long yesterday.
my mother __________ dinner I __________ the table.
10.My brother asked not to disturb him as he ___________
a war movie.