Ex 22 Answer the following questions, using the
continuous tense forms (Present, Past or Future).
1. What is the weather like? (rain a little). 2. Why didn't you go to
the country yesterday? (rain). 3.
What will the weather be like tomorrow? (the
radio, give the weather forecast in a few minutes). 4. Why did the
militia-man stop him? (walk across the
street in the wrong place). 5. Why don't you want to go to the cinema
tonight? (finish a book which I must give
back tomorrow). 6. Where is Mother? (work
in the garden). 7. Why didn't he hear the bell? (play football). 8. Why can't we speak to him now? (write business letters). 9. What is the
noise about? (watch a football match).
10. Why do you think you won't get much sleep tonight? (travel all night). 11. Will you come to the party? (not move to a new flat).
Ex 23 Practise the following according to the model
(mind the possible adverbial modifiers of time: 'now', 'today', 'this morning',
She usually reads the newspaper at breakfast
but she is not reading it today. She is busy with other things.
1. They often watch TV in the evening. 2. He always
works in the garden after office hours. 3. He usually plays chess very well. 4.
He goes to the library every day. 5. She always leaves town in summer. 6. She
always sleeps after lunch.
Model 2: Please tell John it's time to finish
the work. But he is (already)
1. Tell the children it's time to get up. 2.
Please, tell her to wash the floor. 3. May I ask you to translate this article?
4. Please, ask him to look through her report. 5. Please, tell her to make some
coffee. 6. Tell them it's time to leave for the station.