Помогите с ответами на вопрос
The United Kingdom of G.B. and Northern Ireland is situated on the British Isles. The British Isles consists of two large islands, G.B. and Ireland, and about five thousand small islands. Their total area is over 244,000 square kilometers.
The UK is made up of four countries: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. GB consists of England, Scotland and Wales and doesn't include Northern Ireland. The capital of the UK is London.
The British Isles are separated from European continent by the North Sea and the English Channel. The western coast of GB is washed by the Atlantic Ocean and the Irish Sea.
The surface of the British Isles varies very much. The north of Scotland is mountainous and is called the Highlands, while the south with its beautiful valleys and plains is called the Lowlands.
There are a lot of rivers in GB, but they are not very long. The Severn is the longest river, while the Thames is the deepest and the most important one.
The mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and the warm waters of the Gulf Stream influence the climate of the British Isles. The weather in GB is very changeable. A fine morning can change into a wet afternoon and evening and vice versa. The English people say: "Other countries have a climate; in England we have weather." The English also say that they have three variants of weather: when it rains in the morning, when it rains in the afternoon or when it rains all day long.
The weather is the favorite conversational topic in GB. After they greet each other they start talking about the weather.
The best time of the year in GB is spring (of course, it rains in spring too). The two worst months in Britain are January and February. They are cold, damp and unpleasant. The best place in the world then is at home by the big fire. Summer months are rather cold and there can be a lot of rainy days. So most people who look forward to summer holidays, plan to go abroad for the summer.
The most unpleasant aspect of English weather is fog and smog. This is extremely bad in big cities especially in London. The fog spreads everywhere so cars move along slowly and people can't see each other. They try not to be run over by a car but still accidents are frequent in the fog.
Помогите с ответами на вопрос
1) The UK is an island state, ins't it? Where is it situated?
2) What countries is the UK made of? What are their capitals?
3) What channel separates the British Isles from the European continent>?
4) Who Called Britain a " precious stone set in the silver sea?
5) The surface of the British Isles varies very much, doesn't it?
6) What's the highest mountain on the British Isles?
7)Are there a lot of long and deep rivers in Graet Britain?
8) Why is the Climate of the British Isles mild?
9) Is the UK a large country?
10) What's the UK's population?
11) The UK is a highly developed indusrial country. What does it produce and export?
12) The UK is a constitutional monarchy. What does it mean?