He advised: “Take the umbrella.”
He advised me to take the umbrella
2. He said: “Don’t ask me this silly question.”
He said not to ask him that silly quesion
3. Mike noted: “I called him a few days ago.”
Mike noted that he called him a few days before
4. He inquired: “Do you want to speak to me?”
he inquired if I wanted to speak to him
5. He said: “they are leaving next Monday.”
he saıd that they were leaving the following Monday
6. “You are an excellent cook,” my guest said to me.
my guest saıd to me that İ was an excellent cook
7. My sister said: “You look much better today.”
my sıster said that İ looked much better that day
8. “Are you fond of going to the theatre?” my friend asked.
my friend asked if İ was fond of goıng the the theatre
9. “Don’t lie to me, Tom,” Aunt Polly said.
Aunt Polly said not to lie to her
10. Nick said to his mother: “I’m doing my homework.”
Nick said to his mother that he was doıng his homework