Задание 1. Определите форму и функцию инфинитива. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. To become a spectator of one’s own life is to escape suffering of life. 2. He was too much excited to sit still and took her out into the crowded street to walk. 3. Your eyes are tawny too. That color would be very difficult to capture. 4. The great thing is to have good, strong parts. 5. There is every reason to believe that the child was kidnapped. 6. I had to come down to see someone not far from here.
Задание 2. Перефразируйте предложение, как показано на примере. Определитефункциюинфинитива.
Пример 1: She is very weak now and she can’t take her exams.
She is too weak now to take her exams.
1. Jane was very frightened. She couldn’t even call. 2. The man is very cold. He cannot write any more. 3. He has done very much. He can’t give up his experiments. 4. The young writer was very tired. He couldn’t finish his play. 5. The painter is very proud of his work. Hewon’tstandanycriticism.
Задание 3. Используйте герундий глагола, данного в скобках в активном или страдательном залоге:
1. (talk) to him was like (play) upon exquisite violin. 2. It seems awful (plant) myself on you. 3. Then suddenly she stopped (laugh) and frowned. 4. She objected (treat) as if she were a child. 5. I hate (bother) with silly questions. 6. Even a criminal must be told the nature of his crime before (convict).
Задание 4.Замените глагол, данный в скобках, на Причастие I:
1. (call) the steward he ordered a tumbler of ice and couple of glasses. 2. (spend) a year at home she returned to Cobe with her husband. 3. He lay on his bed (smoke) a cigarette. 4. Suddenly there was a small (scrape) sound. 5. It was an old woman (wear) glasses. 6. (leave) a nice sum of money by her parents she decided to leave her job.
Задание 5. Замените глагол, данный в скобках, на Причастие I или Причастие II:
1. But when I was told the name of my companion my heart sank. It suggested (close) portholes and the night air rigidly (exclude). 2. In five minutes we were in the middle of a (heat) argument. 3. The lad started as if (awake) from some dream. 4. I sat in the corner (watch). 5. She was staring at him with wide and (terrify) eyes.
Задание 6. Выберите необходимую форму причастия:
1. I enjoyed the book. It was very interested / interesting. 2. They were shocked / shocking when they heard the news. 3. He thought the story was amused / amusing. 4. I was worried / worrying when she didn’t come home. 5. It was surprised / surprising that she didn’t come to the station. 6. Iusuallyfindhockeyratherbored / boring.