1. Jake is a good footballer. Do you know since when ..... football?
he has been playing
has he been playing
is he playing
2. Jerry promised to come to work in time. He is not here, and he even ..... .
hasn't been calling
3. Susan is a fashion designer. Now, she ..... at a new set of clothes to be shown at a fashion show in April.
has been working
4. Their car is as good as new though they ..... it for a number of years.
have been having
5. I don’t like Alice. She ..... about difficulties of life all the time.
has been complaining
6. There! ..... this big heavy cloud in the sky; I am sure it’ll rain in a minute.
Do you see
Have you seen
Are you seeing
Have you been seeing
7. For many years American schools ..... federal aid for special purposes.
have been receiving
8. Sara, my next door neighbour, has a car, but she ..... it very often.
hasn’t been using
9. Look here! I simply refuse to believe what you ..... me now.
have been telling
10. Nora, you look awfully tired. What ..... all day?
do you do
are you doing
have you been doing
have you done
11. Her family ..... from town to town ever since she can remember.
has been moving
12. About 85 percent of American students ..... public schools, which are supported by state and local taxes.
have been attending
13. My mother is a medical nurse; she takes care of sick and old people. What ..... for a living?
does your mother do
is your mother doing
has your mother done
has your mother been doing
14. A group of scientists are travelling around Africa. How many countries ..... so far, I wonder?
have they visited
have they been visiting
they have visited
do they visit
15. It's raining, and I see you don't have an umbrella. You can borrow mine, I ..... it now.
did not need
haven’t been needing