. №1 Complete the sentences with gone or been.
1. My sister has ............ to Spain twice.
2. Mike and Garry have ............ to London for the day.
3. I have never ............ to America before.
4. Mum has ............ shopping. She’ll be back this afternoon.
5. Mr. Smith is tired. He has ............ to the airport and back twice this morning.
. Choose the correct response.
1. Do you fancy going bungee jumping with me?
A. I’d love to but the plane tickets are too expensive.
2. Do you fancy going to the theatre tonight?
B. Great idea! I’ll prepare the sandwiches.
3. How about designing a web page together?
C. That would be lovely. It’s so hot today.
4. How about going on a picnic on Sunday?
D. Maybe another time, when I’m less scared.
5. Would you like to go to the beach?
E. I’m afraid I can’t. I have lots of homework to do for tomorrow.
6. Let’s go to Scotland this summer!
F. That sounds great. The whole world would see our work.
VI. Read the following text and answer the questions.
Greetings from London! I am here with my parents and am having a whale of a time. We have been here since Thursday and have already seen and done so much.
On Friday, we went to see The Moscow State Circus. I was so excited as I had never been to the circus before. It was a perfect evening full of amazing tricks. Most of all, I enjoyed watching the trapeze artists flying high up in the air. I have never seen anything like it! It was a hair-raising experience! Luckily, no one fell down! Of course, there were also clowns dressed in funny costumes too, as well as other artists. If you ever get the chance to see this famous circus, you should go – it is an unforgettable experience. And, don’t forget to try the toffee apples – they are the best!
Hope you are having a funny time too. Will tell you more about it when I see you.
1. Who is sending the postcard and to whom?
2. Where is Diane?
3. Since when has she been there?
4. Why was she so excited?
5. What did she enjoy most of all?
I. Match the words.
c. a ride
n. a stroll
s. a fire
II. Write past participle of the following verbs.
Ride, See, Go, Shake, Meet, Eat, Fly, Feel, Drink, Forget.
III. Put the words in the correct order