1) Is the Republic of Belarus situated in the centre of Europe?
2) What countries does It border?
3) Belarus is a
land of vast plains and picturesque hills, thick forests and green
meadows, deep blue lakes and flowing rivers, isn't it?
4) Are there a lot of
rivers and lakes are in our country?
5) The largest lake in
Belarus is lake Naroch which stretches for 13 kilometers from West to
East, isn't it?
6) Does Belarus have a
moderately continental climate due to Atlantic influences with a warm
winter and a worm summer?
7) What can you say about the war that took place in 1812
when the emperor Napoleon attacked Russia?
8) Is the Great
Patriotic War of 1941-1945 one of the most heroic and tragic periods
in the history of the century?
9) Is today Belarus a developed industrial state?
10) Does agriculture of Belarus
specialize in milk and meat production, flax, vegetables (especially
potatoes) and fruit (especially apples)?
11) Are there nowadays in Belarus 43
universities, academies and institutes which provide training in various
spheres of science and humanities?