1. Dental students receive their education in specialized dental schools.
2. In Russia a training course for certified dental students lasts five academic years.
3. Apart from general medical disciplines, the four principal divisions of dentistry recognized in curricula in Russia.
4. Entry to a dentistry department depends on the results of competitive examinations.
5. For hundreds of years people believed that tooth decay caused by a worm in the teeth.
6. Short courses are offered regularly to dentists to keep them informed of the new developments in dentistry.
7 . Dentistry is considered well-paid and secure employment in Great Britain.
8. Study of basic medical and dental subjects are interconnected closely with clinical dentistry.
9. Anatomy , biochemistry and physiology are studied at medical universities.
10. Before starting to work with patients in clinics, students are tought the techniques on phantom heads.
11. Doctors are looking for new ways to help patients.
12. Medical science made a lot of progress in recent years both in treatment and diagnosis.
13. Many simple measures are taken to prevent dental diseases.
1 4. Preventive care aims at the two major tooth troubles: caries and gum diseases.
15. Preventive orthodontics is another aspect of early treatment.