1) While we(did the city, it (rained/was raining).
2) When I (came/was coming) to Trafalgar Square, I (decided/was deciding) to take some photos of the place.
3) I (caught/was catching) a cold when I (decorated/was decorating) the house for the New Year.
4) At 6 o'clock fire (burnt/was burning) in the fireplace, everything was ready for the party. 5) I (saw/was seeing) a new film on television yesterday and I (liked/was liking) it.
6) At 7 in the morning there were dark clouds in the sky and it (meant/was meaning) that it was going to rain.
7) Who (did you talk/were you talking) to at the school door this morning? 8) Joan's French was very bad and I (didn't undestand/wasn't understanding) her.