Express the same ideas in a different way. Use the words in the word box and follow the example.
EXAMPLE: This letter is quite brief. -This letter is not so long.
Impressiive, cheerful, fussy, modern, up-to-date, willing, light, kindly, tiny, fascinating, filthy, polite.
1) Jessie is quite gloomy today.
2) Pollys new dress is rather dark.
3) Mary was nervous and unhappy yesterday, but today she is a lot calmer.
4) I suddenly understood that this character in the book was unkindly and at times even cruel.
5) The baby has grown up a little. It is a little bigger now.
6) I found yesterdays film rather boring.
7) Next time when you come home from walk I`d like your clothes to be cleaner.
8) All the students in this group are very hardworking, only Bill is a little lazy.
9) I am afraid Bill is also rather rude when he talks to his friends.
10) The Smiths` car is rather old-fashioned but Mr Smith says he likes it.
11) The shops in this street were built over a hundred years ago, it is not surprising they are old and badly-equipped.
12) The last story in this book is quite unimpressive compared to the others.