1. Which is the odd one out ?
A ) Belgian B) Sweden C) Portugal D ) Japan E) Mexico
2. One of these words doesn’t rhyme with the others. Which one?
A) four B) score C) sour D) door E ) shore
3. When her father ______ home , Maria _______ a magazine.
A) was coming / read B) came/was reading C) came/ is reading D) will come / is reading
E ) is coming / read
4. If you want to visit the Taj Mahal , you have to go to _______
A) China B) Japan C) Nepal D) India E ) Egypt
What animal lives in the forests and makes loud noises with its beak when it finds a tree with lots of tasty bugs in it ? Its name Woody .
A) a pigeon B) a wolf C) a bear D) a woodpecker E ) an eagle
5. May I ________ your calculator, please ?
A) borrow B) loan C) lend D) let E ) hire
6. The role of Captain Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean was played by ?
A) Jonny Depp B) Tom Cruise C) Colin Farrell D) Russel Crowe E ) Ryan Reynolds
7. The pig is rated the ________ most intelligent animal , after three other animals .
A) first B) second C) third D) fourth E ) fifth
8. Sorry I haven’t got any money . I have forgotten _____ at home.
A) it B) they C) them D) its
9. The acronym B and B stands for _____ .
A) bees and bugs B) bus and bicycle C) bed and breakfast D) bacon and beans
10. The Tube is another name for _________.
A) The American subway B ) The tower of London C) a bridge in London D) The channel Tunnel E) the London underground
11. People say I m one of a kind . Im glad they consider me _____ .
A) kind B) generous C) unique D) nice E) cute
12. Please be quiet while I am breaking into this safe . A ______ needs to concentrate.
A) chef B) student C) boss D) pilot
13. when you are angry , your tongue works faster than your mind . That means ______
A) you speak better B) you say things you shouldn’t C) you think first and then speak D) you are more silent E) you speak louder
14.The first city in the world ______ have a population of more than one million was Rome.
A) that B) which C) who D) to E) with
15. Fill the missing preposition. She was very proud ________ being English.
A) of B) over C) with D) at E) on