Задание 1. Выберите правильную форму глагола.
1. When the phone rang, I (answered/ was answering) it.
2. They (are discussing/ were discussing) the terms of payment when Mr. Dunbar arrived.
3. Every day at 8 a.m. the Sales Manager (instructs/ is instructing) the employees.
4. The Sales Manager (is instructing/ was instructing) the employees at 8.10 yesterday. 5. Mr. Jefferson (was looking/ were looking) through the draft contract at 3.30.
6. I (tried/ was trying) to get through to Ms. Churchill from 1 to 2 yesterday.
7. When I saw the manager yesterday, he (was getting/ got) ready for the meeting.
8. When the phone (rang/ was ringing), I (talked/ was talking) to the client.
9. Last week the Managing Director (received/ was receiving) some French businessmen and (was discussing/ discussed) the terms of the future contract with them.
10. The Director is busy now: he (was receiving/ is receiving) the businessmen from France.