Complete the sentences with the phrases in the suitable form.
Fall asleep, fall behind with his studies, fall headlong, fall ill, fall in love with, fall off, fall over, fall open.
1. Last summer, when I was picking apples in our garden, I......the ladder.
2. Jill tripped over a deckchair and......into the pool. Luckly she`s a good swimmer.
3. When they heard the news, everybody`s mouth...... .
4. Sasha was lying in the snow, her skis up in the air. She......and couldn`t stand up on her own.
5. I don`t know why Tina is absent today. Perhaps she...... .
6. My mum and dad first met while they were studying at university. They......each other and soon got married.
7. When I drink coffee late at night, I find it difficult...... .
8. The teacher asked me if I could help Mike. He has been ill for a long time and...... .