1. Прочтите текст и ответьте на следующие вопросы:
1. What is the highest building in Washington?
2. What is the most interesting museum in Washington?
1 . Washington, the capital of the United States, is situated on the Potomac River in the District of Columbia. Washingon is not the largest city in the United States but in the political sense it is the most important city. 2. Washington has one major business and that business is government. Many people living in Washington work for the federal government. At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue there is the White House where the President lives and has his office. 3 The Capitol, with its great Hall of Representatives and the Senate, is the highest building in Washington. There is a law against building structures more than 90 feet high in the capital. With its beautiful buildings and its tree-lined avenues Washington attracts a lot of visitors. 4. The capital has world-known art galleries, museums and monuments. One of the most interesting museums in. Washington is the National Art and Space Museum. The museum has aircraft and spacecraft that were important in aviation history. There are even rocks that the astronauts brought to the Earth after their Moon landing
. 2. Переведите в письменной форме абзацы
3. а) Назовите номер абзаца, в котором Participle I (причастие I) яв¬ляется определением. Выпишите это предложение и переведите его на русский язык. б) В каких функциях употреблено причастие I в приведенных ниже предложениях? Переведите на русский язык
1. The Library of Congress contains millions of books and manuscripts, including personal papers of the US presidents.
2. Living in Washington you can meet people of almost all nationalities.
3. Millions of emigrants cross the ocean, hoping to find a better life in the USA.