I expect … to come to a party.
a) he b) his c) him
2. Mother made me … the soup.
a) to eat b) eating c) eat
3. They would like … to learn English.
a) us b) we c) our
4. The father didn’t let his son … his car.
a) to drive b) drive c) drove
The main aim of the United Nations is … discrimination, armed conflicts, and
a) to declare b) to prevent c) to resolve
6. If people say that their race is better than others they are called ….
a) peacemakers b) racism c) racists
7. People … when their rights are not respected.
a) respect b) admit c) suffer
8. If I am not too busy, I … to the concert.
a) go b) shall go c) to go
9. If you put on your glasses, you … better.
a) see b) will see c) would see
10. We shall have a very nice tea party, if our mother … a cake.
a) will buy b) buys c) buy
11. If we were in America, we … to see Washington.
a) will go b) go c) would go
12. If they … his address, they would write him a letter.
a) knew b) know c) would know
Find the synonyms:
13. To prohibit – a) to create, b) not to allow, c) to prevent
14. Freedom – a) cruelty, b) violence, c) liberty
15. To disagree – a) to help, b) to be tolerant, c) to have different values
Fill in the gaps. Use the words below.
Violence, peacefully, relations, disagree, resolve, prevent, peaceful, values
When people … with each other, they may have conflicts. Conflicts happen when people have different ideas or … . It isn’t always possible to … conflicts by … means. We must try to resolve conflicts … because they can lead to … or bad … between people.