Choose the appropriate modal verbs
21. I … remember her address.
A) can’t B) should to C) ought
22. I was pushing the door with all might – but it … open!
A) shouldn’t B) wouldn’t C) hadn’t
23. He sees very poorly. He … wear glasses all the time.
A) has to B) ought C) can
24. The painting … be a masterpiece, but the colours are wonderful!
A) ought not B) may not C) must not
25. I will be worried, so you … phone me every evening.
A) must B) have C) should to
26. To save money you … take a sandwich to eat on the train.
A) must to B) ought C) should
27. We’re going to this performance! I … buy two tickets at a very ridiculous price!
A) might have B) was able to C) could to
28. It’s Sunday tomorrow and we … to go to school.
A) mustn’t B) shouldn’t C) don’t have
29. You’ve broken my cup. You … it!
A) needn’t take B) didn’t need to take C) needn’t have taken
30. It’s impossible! He … have taken the money!
A) was going to B) can’t C) have to