In each group below choose the word that best suits each of the sentences. Use it in the correct form.
a) 1. Let us ... a definite time for our meeting.
2. She was ... ambassador to the Netherlands.
3. Whom will they ... for mayor of the city?
●nominate, ●designate, ●appoint
b) 1. What is the ... in electing the chairman?
2. Who will take the ... of the meeting?
3. All the ... from the disco will go to charity.
●proceedings, ●procedure, ●proceeds
c) 1. He is said to have been ... to general.
2. The river ... from a spring.
3. We were ... by the noise in the street.
●rouse, ●raise, ●rise