Fill in the gaps with the right forms of the verbs. make, let, expect, would like, want, hear, watch
1. Who has ... you do this? I'm sure it
wasn't your idea!
2. Dad never ... me use his car alone. He says it is illegal.
3. When does Mary ... her friends to come to visit her?
4. Alice hid herself in the bushes. She ... her brother leave the house and then followed him.
5. Nobody ... the dog to find its family after three months of travelling across the country.
6. Diana is a good singer.— ... you ... her sing?
7. Her family ... her to become a doctor, but she chose to be a teacher instead.
Open the brackets. Use to before the infinitives if necessary.
1. What made you (play) this stupid joke? — Alex made me ... do it.
2. I saw Mary (jump) into the river.— She did it ... impress her friends.
3. This is a great present ... receive.— Mum helped me ... choose it.
4. Why don't you let your son ... make his own decisions? — We are sending him abroad ... learn English and that's final.
5. We heard Father ... open the door and ... come in. Then we watched him ... enter the room. He was so happy ... be home again. Mother went to get him something ... eat.
6. Alice didn't want to leave. She was made ... do so.