нужно поставить глагол в скобках в правильное время(Past Simple or the Past Continuous)......помогите пожалуйста.....
23. Sally (lie) in bed when
her mother (enter) the room.
24. This (use) to be a station and all the London trains (stop) here. But two years ago they (close) the station and (give) us a bus service instead.
25. I (go) to Jack’s house but (not/ find) him in .His mother (say) that she (not/ know) what he (do) but (think) he probably (play) football.
26. We (cycle) along the road when we (see) a huge lorry.
27. “ What you (do) between 9.00 and 10.00 yesterday?” (ask) the detective . – “I (clean) my house”, said Mrs.Jones. “I always clean my house on Saturday mornings.”
28.Although he (agree) with me on most points, there (remain) one on which ne was unwilling to yield.
29. We (arrive) as they (leave).
30. She (weep) bitterly while she (tell) her story.
31. As Mary (get) out of the boat her foot (slip) and she (fall) into the water.
32. While I (wait) for the bus I (notice) a group of tourists who (listen) intently to a guide.
33. I (try) to explain the situation to my parents , but they just (not/ understand) what I (talk) about.
34. She (injure) her ankle while she (jog) in the park.
35. I (feel) rather worried. It (get) darker and colder, but there (be) still no sign on the rescue helicopter.
36. How often you (visit) your cousins when you (be) in the States last year?
37.John’s children (use) to be well-behaved but now they are quite naughty.
38. While I (row) across the lake I (lose) one oar.
39. At school I (dislike) the maths teacher because he always (pick) on me.
40. Nobody (watch), so thee little boy (take) a packet of sweets from the shelf and (put) it in his pocket.
41. The plane (crash) into a bridge because it (fly) too low.
42. As the sun (rise), a morning mist (hang) suspended in the air.
43.Last fall I (drive) along a free way when I (run) out of gas. Luckily a passing truck (stop) and the driver (offer) to give me a lift.
44. When they (walk) through the countryside they (see) a ruined mansion.
45.While we (clean) the attic , we (come) across out grandmother’s old school books.
46. The driver (fall) asleep as he (drive) along.
47. I (not/ understand) what go on. Several people (shout) at me and one (wave) a newspaper in front of my face.
48. The article (say) that crime (grow) at a rapid rate, especially in urban areas.
49. at six o’clock this morning I (have) a wonderful dream, but then the alarm (go) off.
50. Laura (not/ wear) her glasses that morning , so she (not /notice) what kind of car the man (drive).
51. We (not /go) to the skating rink, because the ice (be) too thin.
52. While travelling about England last summer, I (find) myself in a quiet sleepy village in Norfolk.
53. She said she (get) more forgetful as she (grow) older.
54. The only thing I disliked about him when we (study) at college was that he always (borrow) my things without asking.
55. While the boys (skate) they (slip) oh the thin ice and (fall) into the water.
56. The sun (shine) so brightly than Maria (have) to put on her sunglasses.
57. Bobby always (make) up excuses for being late when he studied at school.