1. Everyone___________ of Bill Gates, the icon of
American business and the richest man in the world.
(A) have heard (C) is hearing
(B) has heard (D) has been heard
2. It was__________ cold that I put on my coat.
(A) too (C) very
(B) such (D) so
3. The Internet__________ as harmless as it may seem.
(B) has been
(D) isn't being
4. Do you mind__________ the door?
(A) I close
(C) if to close
(D) my closing
5. He does__________ but play computer games all day.
6. I arrived__________ the airport with plenty of time to check in.
7. I'd like__________ overnight.
(A) that you stayed with us
(B) you stay with us
(C) you staying with us
(D) you to stay with us
8. John's been to India, __________ ?
(A) isn't he
(B) hasn't he
(C) hasn't John
(D) doesn't he
9. I'm going to my dentist__________ .
(A) one of these days
(B) another day
(C) another of these days
(D) the other day
10. In spite of Shakespeare's fame we know very__________ about his life.
(A) little (C) few
(B) a little (D) less
11. Ann couldn't go to the theatre with us because__________ .
(A) she had prepare for the exam (C) she had to prepare for the exam
(B) she must prepare for the exam (D) she will have to prepare for
12. Neither Helen nor Andrew__________ to go to the museum with us.
(A) is wanting
(C) doesn't want
(D) don't want
13. The first film of this director is much more interesting__________ the second one.
(A) then (C) that
(B) than (D) as
14. By the time we got home, Alice__________ a delicious dinner.
(B) has prepared
(C) had prepared
(D) has been preparing
15. Nobody__________ being shouted at.
(B) doesn't like
(C) is like
16.I don't know who__________ your bike.
(B) has stoled
(C) did stole
(D) has stolen
17. She__________ at the bus-stop when a young man took her bag and ran away.
(A) was waiting
(B) has been waiting
(C) is waiting
(D) had waited
18. I__________ an essay by six o'clock yesterday.
(A) have written
(B) had written
(D) was writing
19. Everybody__________ to go to the dentist at least once a year.
20. I'm late, __________ ?
(A) aren't I
(B) am I
(C) isn't it
(D) amn't I
21. She has got__________ daughter.
(A) a ten-years
(B) a ten-years-old
(C) a ten-year-old
(D) a ten-year-aged
22. Are you sure that the__________ bus leaves at 6 p.m.?
23. This newspaper is not very popular__________ young people.
(A) for (C) about
(B) with (D) over
24. Michelangelo Buonarroti was__________ artists in history.
(A) a very famous (C) the most famous
(B) one of the most famous (D) one of famousest
25. Please wait for me if you__________ earlier.
(A) will come (C) comes
(B) come (D) came